Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas baking!





 

I am soooo excited, I am trying to clean and prepare for Christmas time baking...  LOVE IT!  
Don't know what I would do though if my mom weren't nearby or if I had no other family I could do this with, because half the fun of it is getting to do the baking with my mom or someone else to share memories with.  Best Christmas present really.  So I am grateful for my mom and this wonderful opportunity to do some baking with her.
The other thing I was thinking is how unbelievably high the amount of calories are in some of these cookies and breads I want to make.  Yes they are for others but I am sure I will be eating some too!  Anywhere from 80 calories to 400!!!!!!!! So sadly I think my attempt to lose weight during Christmas is going to be more like attempt to not gain.  So yes I will be doing all things in moderation!!!! ( I know you are thinking yeah right, just wait till the cookies and the ummmm pumpkin bread are in front of you!) :o)

Just curious what is your favorite Christmas pastime or  baking experience?

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Growing up I loved all of the candy my mom and I and my grandma and I would make together. Now I like to do it with my daughter. It is fun to make pretty things.

Millie and Me said...

That does sound like fun Cassie, I would love to know some of your favorites...
I am really enjoying making these things, lot of work but the joy of giving it to someone really outweighs the work,
Thanks for sharing Cassie, see ya soon!!!! :o)