Friday, December 16, 2011

Very special day....very nice!

My Mom

Today was great, got to spend the whole day at  Mom's making cranberry bread, and rum balls, (with rum extract, no alcohol used).  We were on our feet a lot today and boy do they hurt tonight!  We also were able to get some other kinds of candy so that boxes could be sent out to family members.  Got some more fun recipes to try, not too much more.  I want to make some more pumpkin bread to give out.  I am amazed at how hard it was to make the batter.  Cooking of any sort is hard work.  I think because of fast foods, and instant box type baked goods, it gets forgotten how much effort and heart goes into the making of food, especially if it is for family and/or friends.  Also I think the fun of working with someone, especially someone you love is the best part of the process.  So many things you can learn from them, so many memories you make, and much stronger relationships are built.


I also wanted to share something I felt today.  I was talking to mom about my primary class, how wonderful it is to be set apart to teach these children, because the spirit truly touches my heart and makes me feel a love and a desire to see them do well, a desire to see them catch the spirit, gain a testimony that will last them a lifetime.  My heart was filled with so much love for them, I love teaching, love being able to talk about the gospel, being able to open up the scriptures to them, hopefully helping them to gain a desire to read them and to use them in their daily lives.  It also prompts me to strive to do better to be a better example to them and to others.  I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and for this opportunity to celebrate His birth, His life and to share His message with others.
God Bless Everyone!!!!  Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!

No comments: